If you’re a homebuyer in today’s market, you need to focus on doing five specific things in order to have the smoothest and most profitable transaction possible.
1. Move quickly. When you see something you like, you’ve got to be able to write an offer right away. If you wait a few days to make an offer, the property might be long gone by then.
2. Understand the seller’s needs. You can have your agent reach out to the seller’s agent and ask them what they’re looking for. Do they want a longer escrow period or a larger earnest money deposit? Whatever the case, you can craft your offer to the seller’s liking once you have this information.
3. Have your loan officer call the listing agent. If your loan officer lets the listing agent know personally that you are fully approved and ready to go, it can make a world of difference.
4. Be aggressive with your terms and pricing.
5. Work with an experienced real estate agent. I’ve been in the business since 1979 and last year, my team sold 169 properties. You want an experienced agent that knows this market.
I’d like to apply for the job of helping you buy your next home. If you need my help or if you just have any questions, you can give me a call or send me an email anytime. I look forward to hearing from you.